This Parallel Session @ HCII 2017 aims to bring together a multidisciplinary set of researchers, clinicians, industry professionals and practitioners interested in the relationship between mindfulness & technology.
The purpose of this session is to create an open space for reflection about the directions that the relationship between mindfulness & technology is taking, highlighting both potentialities and possible risks.
Includes, but are not limited to the following topics and the relationship between these and mindfulness meditation in research projects, clinical trials, meditation practice:
- Software & Apps
- Online Practice/Training
- Wearables devices
- Virtual Reality
- fMRI / EEG
- ECG / HRV
- Self / Wellbeing monitoring
- Personal/ Human Data Visualization
- Personal/ Human Data Interaction
- Design for Quality of Life Technologies
- Digital addiction
Research papers, case studies and position papers are all suitable for this session. All the proposal will be peer reviewed.
The HCI International 2017 Conference Proceedings, will be published by Springer in a multi-volume set. Papers will appear in volumes of the Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS) and Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence (LNAI) series.
HOW TO SUBMIT
Please contact the organizer filling this Submission Form. You will receive by mail your personal account to log into the Conference Management System (CMS) of HCII2017.
- From 22 November 2016 contact the session organizer if interested to submit your work for HCII2017
- 22 January 2017 – Abstract submission (2 Pages) through the CMS, for the peer review process
- 27 January 2017 – Notification of review outcome
- 10 February 2017 – Submission through the CMS of the camera-ready version (full papers, typically 10 pages, with minimum 8 pages long, maximum 12 pages long) and conference registration.
HCI International 2017 incorporates 14 Conferences / Thematic Areas, expecting to attract over 2,000 participants from around the world. The program will feature pre-conference tutorials, an opening session with a keynote address, parallel sessions, poster presentations, and an exhibition where attendees will be able to examine state-of-the-art HCI technology and interact with representatives of manufacturers, vendors, publishers, and potential employers. HCI International 2017 promises to be an unforgettable cluster of high quality international scientific events, and an ideal occasion to come to contact with the rapidly evolving ICT market worldwide. This session is part of the conference’s thematic area Universal Access in Human-Computer Interaction.